Who We Are
The Friends of the Kal-Haven Trail are community members who originally gathered for the purpose of transforming an abandoned railroad into a regional trail and tourist destination. Today we focus on maintaining and growing the Kal-Haven and Van Buren Trails.
Our mission is to provide support for expansion and maintenance of the Trails and continued programming, thereby attracting more people to take advantage of this regional resource.
- Annual participation in the South Haven School District’s Trail Education Day which focuses on 5th graders, bringing them onto the trail for education, fun and games.
- Replacing the bike rack at Kalamazoo and maintaining the bicycle repair stations at 10th Street, Bloomingdale and South Haven. Obtaining new bike pumps to be installed at all parking lots..
- Printing complimentary maps for anyone using the trail.
- Adding more bathrooms at 10th Streetand other amenities along the trail.
- Adding wayfinding signs to the Van Buren Trail.
- Repairing and/or replacing benches and picnic tables.